This vibrant salad packed full of nutrients will help you welcome the summer in the most colourful way. It’s perfect for two people sharing as a main dish or as a side to add colour and flavour to your main course.
- 100 grams mixed quinoa
- 200 grams broccoli
- 1 red capsicum (cut into thin slices)
- 1 yellow capsicum (cut into thin slices)
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 150 grams red cabbage (shredded)
- 1 carrot (grated)
- 1 handfull basil
- 1 handful walnuts (halved)
- Soak the quinoa as directed on the packaging, then drain and rinse. Bring a pan of water to the boil, reduce to simmer, and add the quinoa. Cook for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Cut the broccoli into bite-size pieces and cook in simmering water for 5 minutes and drain.
- For the dressing, mix the olive oil, honey, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a jar with a lid. Shake well.
- Arrange the quinoa, broccoli, capsicums, avocado, cabbage, and carrot on a plate. Sprinkle the basil leaves and walnuts over the top and drizzle with the freshly made dressing.
Top tip: You don’t have to stick slavishly to the ingredients list. Beetroot, fresh peas, radish, and cherry tomatoes work equally well. You can also crumble feta cheese into your salad or add pomegranate seeds for extra taste and colour.