You’ll want to dive right into this colourful salad bowl bursting with taste and texture. Super quick and easy to make, it’s a delicious and healthy way to start the New Year!
Ingredients for the falafels
- 400 grams chickpeas (Canned, and drained)
- 1 cup cashews or almonds
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1.5 cups coriander (freshly chopped)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 35 grams whole flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Ingredients for the salad bowl
- Put the chickpeas, egg, garlic, herbs, salt and cumin in a food processor and mix. Take the mixture out and form into 16 balls. Flatten them a little and dip in flour. Then fry the falafel balls in 2 batches in a pan with the olive oil for 3 minutes on each side. Remove from the heat and place on a plate with a kitchen towel.
- Make up the couscous with 1¼ cups of boiling water and let the mixture rest for around 10 minutes, then fluff up with a fork. Coat the avocado portions lightly with the sesame seeds.
- Finally, arrange the ingredients equally between four bowls, topping each with 4 falafels and the beetroot hummus and sprinkling the pistachios over.