This salad will appeal to little ones thanks to its vibrant spectrum of colours and crunchy texture. The carbs in the rice will deliver plenty of energy to keep them going after feeding time too! This dish looks mouthwatering presented in a clear glass serving bowl that shows off all its colours.
- Combine the vegetable oil, salt, pepper, sugar and sesame oil in a bowl and whisk until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the mixture to the chilled brown rice in a large bowl. Gently stir and set the bowl aside.
- Steam the carrots and peas for up to 2 minutes, until just tender. Cool them by rinsing with ice-cold water then add them to the rice and stir gently to combine.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the parsley and toss gently so that the vegetables are evenly distributed.
- Serve the salad well chilled and garnished with parsley.